APU - AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
* The Student Support Counselor is a Middle School and High School role, and would preferably be held by a Vietnamese speaker. The Student Support Counselor should observe and monitor all students in secondary for any behavioral concerns, and as well monitor student grades to determine if any student is in serious need of academic support. This then will be relayed to Ms. Thao and the Principal for review.
The Support Counselor should be a certified professional with the capacity to evaluate any concerns regarding a student coming from a teacher, or any student-initiated concerns to determine if:
A. This is a school concern that will affect the student’s well-being
B. This is a safeguarding concern
C. This is a family concern
* The Student Support Counselor will work directly with Ms. Thao and Dr. Binh on any concerns that are serious in nature. In addition, this person will:
- Monitor and provide support in any instances of bullying
- Monitor and provide support for any students who has social issues to prevent exclusion from peer group
- Monitor and support any student that has hygiene issues
- Monitor and support any student that appears to have eating or sleeping issues
- Monitor and support any student that has concerning behaviors
- Be Responsible for the immigration process of the student
- Have Bachelor’s degree, especially education
- Ability to work with students, Have Knowledge and understanding of children. (age 6-18)
- Love children and have experience managing students.
- Good at communicating English
- Be active, honest, enthusiastic, and responsible
- Please send your application by online (via the Careerlink.vn), email or direct to:
APU EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT GROUP is a 100% US invested organization providing pathways to US education for nearly a decade.
APU Educational Development Group oversees the APU International School which offers K-12 education based on the California standards and has a record of preparing hundreds of Vietnamese students for further study in the US at prestigious universities, often with merit-based scholarships.
APU International School is recognized by the College Board as a testing center for SAT and ACT exams and offers AP courses as well as English Language Development curriculum.
The APU Educational Development Group is a member of the prestigious Institute of International Education and enjoys partnerships with campuses of California State University, the University of Missouri Kansas City and other US universities and organizations.